"McGill Institute" Old Mobile blank card, Les Thompson
A historic scene of the McGill Institute which was founded in 1896 by brothers Arthur and Felix McGill as a free school for boys. In 1928, the Brothers of the Sacred Heart took over the administration the school. They continue to serve on the faculty of the school. The original McGill Institute building was on Government Street, in downtown Mobile.
A native of Mobile, Alabama, Leslie Thompson earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Auburn University. His first experience with art was in the second grade when his pastel drawing of a Gloucester Schooner was chosen for international exchange in the Jaycee Art Auction, which raised funds for the Mobile Museum of Art. The drawing eventually was exhibited in Paris, France. As a student at Auburn, Thompson travelled to Spain and attended the Universidad de Madrid.
Our system is set up to offer you these shipping options as you complete checkout:
- US Domestic Standard (USPS)
- US Domestic Express/Overnight (USPS)
- Canada - Global Express Mail (EMS)
- Canada - Priority Mail International
- Overseas - Global Express Mail (EMS)
- Local Pick-up(AKA Curbside Pickup) (we are in Daphne, AL) this is not a delivery or shipping option)
- If the item is available and you would like to pay by credit card, you must supply us your credit card information so we can perform an authorization (we send a request to verify and reserve the total; the charge will not be posted to your card until we receive the item).
- For international credit card payments, the billing address must match the shipping address.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders that we or our payment processing service suspect to be fraudulent.
- International orders cannot exceed $200.00